Setting and Using the Harpenden Skinfold Caliper
- Ensure that your Calipers are clean and open freely and smoothly. Always clean the Caliper before and after use on a test subject.
- Open the Caliper to approximately 20mm and allow it to close several times.
- Check for repeatability of the zero reading within one division (0.2mm)
- Do not open and shut the Caliper rapidly or allow the Caliper to snap shut. This can cause damage to the Indicator mechanism.
e) When taking measurements, do not allow the Caliper to snap shut onto the test subject as this could cause discomfort.
- To re-set the Dial indicator to zero, rotate the Bezel to the appropriate position.
- The Caliper is now ready for use.
- To calibrate the Harpenden Skinfold Caliper a special Calibration Kit can be purchased.