Welcome to Harpenden Calipers
The Harpenden Skinfold Caliper is the de facto standard body fat
assessment device due to it being used in numerous clinical studies
over the last 25 years. Many of these studies have become benchmarks
themselves for the study of obesity and body composition analysis hence
the Harpenden skinfold caliper is the research measurement tool of
The Harpenden Skinfold Caliper is engineered to extremely precise standards and calibrated to traceable standards. Recent enhancements to the caliper include an increased jaw opening to facilitate measurement up to 80mm, which makes them suitable for both the measurement of skin folds and the girth measurement of small joints such the condyle processes at the ankle, wrist, knee and elbow i.e. a small anthropometer.
- High quality precision engineered gauge for the measurement of skin folds
- Jaw designed specifically for measurement of skin folds up to 80mm
- Constant pressure load throughout the full range of measurement
- Contact tips are shaped and sized to ensure constant specified pressure
- Contact tips are manufactured in stainless steel for use in clinical environments
- Resolution of measurement 0.2mm
- Recalibration Available
- Range: 0 - 80mm
- Graduation: 0.2mm
- Measuring Pressure: 10 gms/mm2 (constant over range)
- Class 1A Medical Device
- Accuracy: 99.00%
- Repeatability: 0,20 mm
The Harpenden Skinfold Caliper is a precision instrument designed for use in the performance of Skinfold thickness measurements (from which estimates of body fat are derived). The use of this instrument has been well established and documented over the past 50 years.
Designed in 1958 in collaboration with D. J. M. Tanner, a prominent force in the use of Skinfold measurements in the derivation of body fat measurement,The Harpenden Skinfold Caliper has been used all over the world on projects of international importance and is the most prestigious Caliper available.
It is the only Caliper CE marked under the Medical Devices Directive 93/42/EEC for a Class 1 Device with Measuring Function and is calibrated using masters traceable to National Standards.To purchase and further information visit www.fitnessassist.co.uk